This is a very simple recipe that I cook quite often. And is it Yummy!! The recipe says it's for two but if I am hungry it will only feed me!! It is in a spicy(!) white sauce and placed on top of linguini.
- 6 -8 large shrimp, deveined, tail on
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced with seeds
- 1 large roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 lb linguine, cooked
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter over medium high heat. Sauté onion and jalapeno about 3 minutes. Add garlic, diced tomato and shrimp and cook until shrimp is opaque,
- about 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and white wine and reduce until sauce thickens,
- about 2 minutes.
- Divide cooked linguine into two bowls and spoon sauce over. Serve immediately.
- Add a little parmesan cheese if you want.