Recipe by Annacia
Try this super-fast, super-tasty hoagie topper made with shrimp and avocado next time you need a quick meal.
Top Review by CaliforniaJan
So easy and tasty! I used the little frozen salad shrimp we had on hand and it worked great. Instead of coleslaw dressing I used lite mayo and added some salt and pepper to make it a bit more savory. DH also used a little hot sauce. Thanks for posting, made for ZWT #9!
- 1 (12 ounce) package cooked shrimp (frozen peeled,thawed and coarsely chopped)
- 2 large avocados, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄3 cup bottled coleslaw dressing
- 4 hoagie rolls
- lemon wedge (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl combine shrimp, avocados, carrots, and salad dressing.
- Halve hoagie buns.
- Using a spoon, slightly hollow bottoms and tops of hoagie buns, leaving 1/2-inch shell. Discard excess bread.
- Toast buns.
- Spoon shrimp mixture into hoagie buns. Serve with lemon wedges.