Super Simple Sausage Sliders
photo by SharonChen
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 -10 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits, Grande size
- 1 lb Italian sausage (mild or hot)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup corn, flake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt (I use sea salt)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices swiss cheese, halved
- 1⁄2 vidalia onion, medium size sliced into thin slices. You need enough to cover each slider
- 1 cup spinach (divided) (optional)
- Follow directions on biscuit can to make biscuits, remove from oven let cool then slice or pull apart in half (top and bottom) I used the buttermilk Grande size. (This can be done ahead of time or while you are making the patties. I made mine a few minutes ahead of time, mixed the meat, and then grilled. Biscuits just coming from oven and let cool for 5 minute while I got the condiments together and table set.).
- In a bowl mix together sausage, basil, S&P corn flake crumbs, and egg.
- Make 8 mini patties just a tad larger than the biscuits and fry in a grill pan or grill on grill top til done approximately 4 min per side for well done.
- Once patties are done, place onto bottom half of biscuit, top with ½ slice Swiss cheese, spinach, onion slice, and any garnish you choose. We like horseradish mustard or mayo, tomatoes and the onion.
- Serve with a side salad or a baseball game and a smile.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've made my share of burgers but never sliders and this was a huge hit here. Simple to make, tasty and gone in 60 seconds. I'm not a big fan of swiss cheese but it really worked on these for me. I ended up making a second batch with 1/2 ground chicken to easy up on the fat content some and it was just as popular and a definite keeper for us. My favourite toppings were my own special taco sauce & some arugula. Thanks for creating this tasty and easy meal! Made and enjoyed for RSC #16. Best of luck!