Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was just fooling around and came up with this simple recipe - served as an appetizer at midnight New Years Eve, If you have never worked with Rice paper there is a tutorial here on Zaar. Rolls were served with Thai Dipping Sauce for Spring Wrap or Egg Rolls I used the small rice paper rounds but you can use the larger ones and have these as a side dish.
- Prepare all the ingredients and stir fry on a lightly greased pan until heated through and the prawns are cooked.
- Set aside to cool.
- Fill a bowl large enough to to slide a wrapper into it allowing the rice paper to completely submerge.
- Leave it for approx 30 seconds or until it is pliable.
- Take it out and slip another into the water.
- Place a tbsp of fill on the pliable wrapper bring up the bottom edge, fold in each side and roll it so you have a small cigar.
- Continue until you have made them all.
- These can be made several hours ahead before serving just cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate - bring to room temperature before serving.
Loved these! I also add in some soy sauce and cayenne pepper, I used almost half a pound of smaller cooked shrimp that I finely chopped, what a great recipe and I will make again soon, thanks Berg! forgot to mention I used my Kittencal's Restaurant-Style Chinese Sweet and Sour Sauce for the sauce