Recipe by HokiesMom
From an old kitchen them calendar which included recipes. When you want that easy apple & yam casserole but don't have a lot of time this is a great short cut recipe. You can either microwave this dish or use your oven. Love the versatility!
Top Review by morgainegeiser
This was an easy, quick and very good tasting recipe. I liked the combination of apples and yams. This would be a great side dish for Thanksgiving. Think I will hang onto it for the holidays. thanks
- 1 (20 ounce) can apple pie filling (sugar free is fine too)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (24 ounce) can yams, drained and cut into bite-sized pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut apples in the pie filling into bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium bowl, mix the pie filling, cinnamon, and brown sugar until well blended.
- Gently stir in the cut-up yams.
- Grease a two-quart casserole dish and pour in apple-yam mixture.
- You may either microwave for approx 8-10 minutes until warmed through or you can put it into a 350F oven and bake approximately 15 minutes until warmed.