Recipe by mccarthypamela_11129180
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This is a great recipe for appetizers. I came up with this recipe when all that was being served was appetizers.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 bunches green onions
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat deep fryer to fry bacon.
- Chop green onion, including some of the stems.
- Prepare potatoes according to directions on package.
- Mix sour cream, cheese, and onion into potatoes.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, finishing under broiler until brown.
- Deep fry bacon, using weight to keep bacon straight, (I use another fryer basket over the other) until crispy. Drain on paper towel.
- Spread potato mixture over bacon and serve.