Prep 10 mins
Cook 26 mins
No time to cook. These are quick and easy and tasty to boot. Great for a lunch or dinner. Add a salad and bread and you are set to go!
- 1 lb hamburger
- salt & pepper (other seasonings to taste)
- butter, for browning the burgers
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup cooking sherry
- Season the pound of hamburg and make patties.
- Brown them in a little butter in a skillet and place them in a baking dish.
- In the same skillet, mix and heat through the can of mushroom soup, the cooking sherry, and pour over the patties.
- Bake in a pre-heated 375 degree oven for 15 minutes.
This recipe is from Peg Bracken's landmark 1960 "I Hate to Cook Book."
Very good. I was tempted to add some Dijon to the sauce, but didn't. Maybe next time. I did saute some mushrooms I had on hand and topped the cooked dish with them. I'll make this again. Great with mashed potatoes and green beans.