Prep 10 mins
Cook 120 hrs
A quick and easy dessert to prepare with prepackaged ingredients. The cooking time is the freezing time. There is no cooking to this dessert.
- 1 loaf angel food cake, store bought (12X5 inch)
- 1 quart sherbet, any flavor
- Slice cake in half horizontally to form 2 layers.
- Place 1 layer on a serving plate, spread evenly with about 2 cups sherbet.
- Top with remaining layer of cake.
- Quickly spoon remaining sherbet over top.
- Cover, freeze for 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve, let stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Cut cake into 1 1/2-inch slices.