Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. A fun and delicious way to enjoy Shepherd's Pie. All rolled up! Your kids will love it.
- 4 thin rolling steaks
- 16 ounces beef gravy
- 15 ounces peas and carrots, medley
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- Drain canned peas and carrots.
- In a bowl Mix Mashed Potatoes with cheese, peas and carrots.
- Spoon veggie mixture onto each thin rolling steak.
- Roll up the steaks and secure with toothpicks.
- In a non-stick frying pan brown the rolling steaks on each side approximately 1 minute per side.
- Once the rolling steaks are browned on each side pour the jar of brown gravy on top and let cook until hot and bubbly 15 minutes.
sounds simple and yummy! bet you could do it with chicken breast pounded thin.
I would have used some sort of breading on the outside of the steaks but I guess there wasn't enough ingredients. Kids really liked having their own individual roll ups and gravy.