Recipe by internetnut
If you haven't made one of these... it's like a weight loss surgery friendly Easy Bake Oven cake. Kids think it's magic. So if you have children or grandchildren making one of these cakes with them is a MUST DO. I found this recipe on The World According To Eggface. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk (I used Vanilla Soy)
- 2 tablespoons sugar free torani syrup (I used Sugar Free Peppermint)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons multigrain pancake mix (I use this)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a measuring cup or microwave safe mug, Mix egg, milk, syrup and oil and combine thoroughly. In a separate bowl, mix pancake mix, cocoa, protein powder and salt. Tip dry into wet and stir till combined.
- Nuke in microwave on full power for 2 minutes* adding 20 seconds if still wet on top. *Microwaves vary and mine is getting old so I just recently upped the time these cook to 2 minutes and 20 seconds on mine. Let the cake sit for three or so minutes (it pulls away from the sides) before tipping it onto a plate. Yields 4-5 slices. You can serve it warm or I love these cakes when they cool I think they taste even more chocolatey.
- Top with Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup, Sugar Free Whipped Topping and Crushed Sugar Free Candy Canes, Chocolate Mint Candies or grated Sugar Free Andes Mint Chocolate.