Easy Bake Oven Children's White Cake Mix
- Ready In:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- .In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir with a wire whisk until blended. With a pastry blender, cut in shortening until evenly distributed and mixture resembles corn meal.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup mixture into each of 10 small containers or ziploc bags.
- Seal bags tightly. Label with date and contents.
- Store in a cool dry place. Use within 12 weeks.
- Makes 10 packages Cake Mix.
- 1 pkg. Children's White Cake Mix
- 4 teaspoons water
- Preheat oven for 15 minutes.
- Grease and flour a 4 inch miniature cake pan. In a small bowl, combine cake
- mix and water. Stir with a fork or spoon until blended and smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake 12 to 13 minutes in play oven. Remove pan.
- When cool, frost with Children's White Frosting if desired.
- Serves 2 children.
- NOTES: If you like, a drop or two of vanilla may be added at the time the
- cake is prepared.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this for my daughter to use for her easy bake oven. The mix was easy to do andn we flavored it with 1 packet of unsweetened koolaid powder (orange) or you could use whatever you like. Just mix it in with everything else! It easily made 10 bags for 10 easy bake oven uses; a LOT cheaper than buying the refills at the store that cost around $6.00!!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My love of cooking started when I was in grade school. My earliest memory was making a wonderful birthday cake from Scratch with my Grandmother in a big bright red bowl. I remember we had a lot of fun making it and eating the cake. <br /><br />I have a wonderful husband and 2 daughters 16yrs and 4yrs old. I have a Social Work degree and worked with mentally ill adults for several years. I really enjoyed my work in a group home. I currently am staying home with my youngest and am not sure what I will do when she goes to school. I might get back into the Social Work field. <br /><br />I am sharing recipes that I want to keep safe from my own family favorites as well as recipes that I would like to try and haven't made yet. <br /><br />Recipezaar is a wonderful place and I love all the recipes everyone shares. I collect cookbooks and have slowed down now that I have access to the wonderful recipes here. <br /><br />I hope you enjoy some of the recipes that I share =) <br /><br />Ann <br /><br /></p>