Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
We love this rice served with baby back ribs. Someone gave it to me a long time ago....no idea who! Adjust the soy sauce and garlic to your liking. Prep. and cook times approximate.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 -2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- Saute mushrooms and shallots in butter and 1 tablespoons of the oil over med.
- When lightly browned, push to the sides of the skillet and add remaining oil in centre of pan.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Break egg into the oil and break the yoke.
- Flip egg when cooked on one side and cook on the other side.
- With the edge of the spatula, slice egg in thin strips.
- Add remaining ingredients-- mix well and heat through.
Quick and easy. I should have used less soy sauce as this was a little too salty for me (even though I used light soy sauce). I didn't use the second tablespoon of oil (because I didn't read the directions well), but I don't think the dish suffered for that omission.