Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy basic roasting instructions. Look for roast pork, lamb and beef too.
- OVEN TEMP: 220°C then down to 200°C.
- Clean the chicken, washing out the cavity.
- Weigh chicken AFTER stuffing, as the cooking time depends on the total weight. I seldom stuff the chicken as my family don't care for the stuffing.
- Spread with butter, especially on the breast side. Grease foil well.
- Allow 15 minutes cooking time per 500g, plus 15 minutes over.
- If you are using a covered roasting tin or foil, allow 20 mins over - or adjust your oven to slightly hotter (about 5 degrees more).
- After about 45 minutes, reduce the heat to 200°C.
- To brown the chicken and crisp the skin, remove the cover about 30 minutes before the end of cooking time.
- Serve with the usual, rice, roast potatoes, veggies and gravy.