Recipe by Hill Family
These are even better then rice crispy treats and made with the same ease.
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
These are really good. The cornflakes are wonderfully crunchy. I prepared these in the microwave instead of on the stove top by melting butter (instead of margarine) in the microwave for 50 sec, adding the marshmallows to the melted butter, stirring to coat and microwaving the mixture for 1 min to melt the marshmallows. The vanilla, food colouring were added as directed and the cornflakes were added to the mixture. I don't care for red cinnamon candies and used dried cranberries instead. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 40 marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups corn flakes
- red cinnamon candies
Directions See How It's Made
- Make like rice crispy candy. Melt margarine and marshmallows over low heat.
- Add vanilla and foodcoloring to marshmallow mixture.
- Pour heated marshmallow/food coloring mixture into greased bowl and add corn flakes.
- Drop on wax paper into blobs.
- Add red cinnamon dots to center to look like holly leafs.