Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
According to the recipe's author, you can substitute lamb if you can't find, or dislike, goat.
Make and share this Sharone Huey's Curried Goat recipe from Food.com.
- 907.18-226.79 g boneless goat stewing meat, cut in 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml freshly ground black pepper
- 29.58 ml curry powder
- 0.25 ml cayenne
- 4 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 4 scallions, trimmed and chopped (we call them green onions in Canada, btw, not scallions)
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed,seeded and minced
- 1 green bell pepper, stemmed,seeded and minced
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 118.29 ml shredded unsweetened coconut
- 118.29 ml chopped peanuts
- In a glass bowl, season the goat meat with the salt, pepper, cayenne and 1 tbsp of the curry powder.
- Add the garlic, scallions and onions.
- Set aside to marinate at room temp for at least 1 hour.
- Melt butter in a large cast-iron skillet over med heat.
- Scrape the seasonings off the goat and reserve.
- Brown the goat meat in the butter for 5 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and saute for 3 minutes more.
- Add two cups of water and the reserved seasonings.
- Reduce the heat, cover pan, and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1 tbsp curry powder, remove from heat, cover, and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Place raisins, coconut and peanuts in separate serving bowls as garnishes with the goat.
- Serve with boiled rice.