Recipe by Red Hook
This is the best recipe for Thanksgiving! It just isn't Thanksgiving without this dish in my house. You can use sweet potatoes instead of yams.
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks
- 2 (17 ounce) cans yams, drained
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Put yams in 9x13 dish.
- Drain pineapple, reserve 1c of liquid.
- Pour pineapple and reserved liquid over yams.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Cut the butter into dry ingredients until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over all.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes.
- Evenly spread mini marshmallows over the top.
- Broil until marshmallows are browned DO NOT WALK AWAY FROM THE OVEN DURING THIS STEP OR YOU WILL BURN THE MARSHMALLOWS!