Recipe by wjorma
Sister-in-law Shannon loves the Golden Corral Chicken so we came up with this modified version for her.
Top Review by MackinawIsland
WAY TO MUCH BOURBON. Previous recipe here had 1/2 C. Bourbon and 2 T wine for sauce. (I have a print of it). A reader had recomended using 1/4 C. Bourbon. I have made the recipe several times using the 1/2 C. but not marinating overnite, just a few hours, the recipe was very good.
Last week, with great fear and anxiety, I took this recipe to a Church Potluck using 1/4 C Bourbon and marrinated overnite. I doubled the recipe and used 5 # chicken tenders cut in chunks. I added enough cornstarch to make the sauce a glaze, (using wine). It was such a hit that I have got to get the recipe to 6 or 7 folks. (Good thing it is a small Church). Excellant, Excellant recipe. Just Hold The Bourbon....
- 1 lb chicken, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 3⁄4 cup bourbon whiskey
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the marinade ingredients and pour into a large plastic bag, place all the chicken in the bag and seal.
- Place in a shallow pan Cover and refrigerate overnight turning once in a while.
- Bake chicken at 350 degrees for 1 hour in a single layer, basting every 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken.
- Scrape pan juices with all the brown bits into a frying pan. Stir and add chicken. Cook for 5 minutes and serve.