Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Yummy Italian rigatoni casserole from Betty's "Speedy Suppers".
- 3 cups uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- While pasta is cooking, saute sausage in 10 inch skillet, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain.
- In a separate bowl, mix tomatoes, garlic and basil.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray/grease rectangular baking dish (13x9x2 inches). Layer half each of the pasta, sausage, mushrooms, bell peppers, parmesan cheese, tomato mixture and mozzarella cheese in baking dish, then repeat the process.
- Bake uncovered 35-40 minutes or until hot and cheese is golden brown.