Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A must at Christmas at my house but delicious anytime.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) bag butterscotch chips
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Melt margarine in 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over margarine.
- Sprinkle coconut, chocolate chips, butterscotch morsels and pecans in that order.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over this mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Cool and slice into squares.
Oh yum! I made these for a picnic the other day, I used a bit more of the chocolate and butterscotch chips and the coconut. It was delicious. They cookies are very rich, but that did not stop my company from eatting them all. I made another batch last evening and put them in the freezer for an easy last minute dessert. We will make these again and again.
These are "to die for" good. I've been making them for years. The only thing I do different is that I don't add the pecans because my kids don't like nuts. I also use the whole 12oz. bag of both chips. The more the better. I do have one warning. Once you make them for a picnic or event you will be constantly asked to make them again.
So easy and so good!! I have heard of these, but never made them and now these will be part of my permanent holiday tray!! Made as directed and they were great! Made for Photo Forums 2010 Holiday Celebration.