Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are called seven layer bars because ingredients are layered, not mixed.
- 1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup coconut, shredded
- 1 butterscotch chips (6 oz)
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Melt butter in a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs evenly over the melted butter and press down.
- Sprinkle the coconut on next, chocolate and butterscotch pieces and nuts. Then drizzle condensed milk over all.
- Press lightly. Bake for 30 minutes at 350°. [Editor's note: added temp 12/16/2001].
- Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
These cookies have also been called "magic cookies" (without the butterscotch) on the back of the sweetened condensed mild can and they will give you the temp-- which is 350.
There is no temperature given for baking these bars.
Everyone's a critic the temperature to cook them at is there I'm not sure what your looking at and thanks for posting this classic receipe!