Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I have small white square plates, so this made a wonderful presentation when I decorated the plates with the sweet chili sauce and watercress. I finished it up with a drizzle of balsamic glaze
- 1 lb large scallop
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted (or a mix of white and black sesame seeds)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- watercress (optional) or parsley (optional)
- balsamic glaze (optional)
- Dip scallops in egg white. Sprinkle some sesame seeds over top.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and sauté for about 2 minutes per side or just until cooked.
- Sweet Chili Sauce: Combine ingredients and serve alongside the scallops, with sesame seed facing up.