Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
Simplicity never tasted so good. This spinach is a great side dish with any meal, especially if you are serving roast duck, barbecued items or broiled beef.
- 4 cups water
- 2 lbs fresh spinach leaves, washed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh gingerroot
- In a cooking pot, bring water to boil.
- Add spinach and blanch for 1 minute or until leaves are just wilted.
- Drain and immediately rinse under cold water until spinach is thoroughly cooled.
- Drain well and squeeze spinach in a clean, dry towel to remove excess moisture.
- Place spinach in a medium bowl and sprinkle on sesame oil and salt.
- Stir well to mix.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and finely shredded fresh ginger root.
- Serve immediately as a side dish.
Yum! Simple and delicious. When I did not have enough spinach for the folks I was serving, I added a can of water chestnuts.