Recipe by CookingMonster
OMG...if you are a sesame seed fan....these cookies you MUST try....they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good....yummy. The longer you toast your sesame seeds, the better flavor comes out...WOWWY!!!
Top Review by susie cooks
These are addicting! It took me a few tries to get them how I wanted. The first batch were a little too big, the next too small so they got over done. The third batch was the best. I rolled them into 3/4 " balls (estimate) and cooked them for 9 minutes. Every time I walked into the kitchen I had to have one of these! Very quick to put together!
- 3⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds, toasted in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes to brown,stirring twice
- 1⁄8 cup toasted sesame seeds, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil, sugar, egg and vanilla in mixing bowl.
- Beat well.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and first amount of sesame seeds.
- Stir well.
- Shape into small balls.
- Place onto a ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with a glass.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Makes 4 dozen.