Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are a delicious and different way to prepare green beans. I made these for a dinner party, doubled the recipe and there was not a bean left.
- 1 lb green beans, ends snapped off
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (about 3 medium cloves)
- 1 dash ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil, spread beans on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt; Using hands, toss to coat evenly, and distribute in even layer.
- Roast in oven for 10 minutes.
- While roasting, combine garlic, ginger, honey, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes in small bowl.
- Remove beans from oven. Coat beans evenly with the garlic/ginger mixture; redistribute in even layer.
- Return to oven and continue roasting until beans are dark golden brown in spots and starting to shrivel, 10-12 minutes longer.
- Adjust seasoning with salt if necessary, toss well. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
This is an excellent recipe! I happened to be out of sesame seeds when I made this (I thought they were in the cabinet) but they still came out delicious! I also made this while my air conditioner was broken so in order to keep my house from getting too hot I stir-fried the beans and sauce in a large pot. I cooked them until they were shriveled with dark spots. They were perfect!
Yum! I used toasted sesame oil and it gave the beans such a great flavor. Can't wait to make these again.
Very tasty and easy to put together. Next time I think I'll make with more sauce/spice and fewer green beans.