Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy and tasty side dish from Cooking Light, May 2001
- 36 asparagus spears
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Snap off tough ends of the asparagus spears. Combine asparagus and the remaining ingredients in a jelly-roll pan, turning asparagus to coat.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes or until the asparagus is crisp-tender, turn once.
This was a quick and tasty veggie to have with our chicken. I am not a huge fan of sesame oil, but there was such a little amount that it did not overpower the asparagus. I have some thick asparagus so cooked it for 15 minutes to get them tender and sprinkled a little sea salt on it when it came out of the oven. Made for 2012 Spring PAC.
This is so easy and the taste is very good with the soy sauce and sesame oil. Thanks GibbyLou :) Made for I Recommend tag game
Delicious ! I made the recipe as directed. This is our new favorite asparagus recipe!