Recipe by English_Rose
Especially handy at drinks parties, these crunchy-topped toasts are great served with a sweet chilli sauce.
Top Review by Lucky Chef
excellent flavor...only changes I made was I did not add corn flour/cornstarch and I used a whole egg instead of an egg white. I cooked them in vegetable oil also. Quite tasty and quick
- 300 g raw prawns, shells removed, deveined and finey chopped
- 1 piece fresh gingerroot, grated (2cm)
- 1 large spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 dash sesame oil
- 1 dash dark soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices brown bread, toasted
- 5 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 500 ml peanut oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the prawns with the ginger, spring onion, egg white, cornflour, sesame oil, soy sauce and salt.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with the prawn mixture, and dip the filling side into sesame seeds.
- Deep fry the toast in hot oil, over a moderate heat - filling side up until golden brown - about 3-5 minutes.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve straight away.