Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
From Just Bento.com This is a very simple beef recipe that I like to include in a bento box along with some rice and vegetables for an easy take to work lunch. I put the meat in the marinade the night before, then quickly stir fry it in the morning before packing into my lunchbox.
- 4 ounces beef, very thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (I use low sodium)
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (for frying)
- Combine all ingredients except the final teaspoon of oil.
- Let marinate for at least an hour, up to overnight.
- Heat remaining oil in a hot skillet.
- Add beef mixture, and fry until done.
This is almost a teriyaki kind of meal. Great idea for lunches. I made a triple batch, cooled it down via a refrigerator and had several days of lunches. At work, just pop everything into the microwave. Warm it up and you are good to go.