Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
I don't know where these came from but they are good.
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Spread the coconut and sesame seeds on a pan and toast in a 300 degree Fahrenheit oven for 20 minutes or until brown.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- Beat oil and brown sugar; add egg and vanilla.
- Add oil mixture to flour mixture.
- Add toasted coconut and sesame seeds.
- Shape dough into a log; wrap and put in refrigerator overnight.
- Next day, cut roll into rounds.
- Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven until brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
Tis cookie was very interesting. I only had 1/2 cup of sesame seeds so that is what I used, but I thought it was plenty. Very strong sesame flavor. It was a crunchy cookie when it cooled. OK, but not my favorite. Maybe I will try again with chopped almonds...
These were excellent good cookies dienia, they were a big hit on my cookie platter for the holidays! thanks for sharing...Kitten:)