Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
This looked too good to pass up when I found it in Cooking Light magazine. I have not had the pleasure of trying it yet, but I will this summer! Serve over a bed of jasmine or basmati rice.
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon chile sauce with garlic
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups watermelon, diced and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced and seeded
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare chicken, combine soy sauce, chili sauce and sesame oil in a large zip-top bag. Add chicken and seal to marinate for 1 hr in refrigerator. Turn bag occasionally.
- Prepare your grill.
- To prepare salsa, combine watermelon, yellow pepper, green onions, cilantro, ginger, mirin, lime juice, salt and jalapeno. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoons salt.
- Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray.
- Grill 6 minute on each side or until done.
- Remove chicken from the grill and let stand 5 minute.
- Cut chicken diagonally across grain into thin slices; serve with salsa.