Recipe by kiwidutch
I just love asparagus, but we were getting bored roasting them on the grill, but I just didn't want to steam them either, so I came up with this twist, one that I have used on my Sesame Broccoli, Really..it's Good! Sesame Broccoli. COOKS NOTE: Wonderful hot or cold! Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do, I would appreciate feedback, Thanks ! ZWT REGION: France.
Top Review by Rita~
Love the sesame oil and seeds on this. I made in the microwave oven cooking for 5 minutes. I added grated fresh ginger and garlic to the soy and sesame mixture. Didn`t use salt for the soy is salt enough for us. Thanks! ;)
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 3 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare asparagus by snapping off tough ends and peeling if stalks are very thick.
- Place asparagus in large sauté pan of boiling salted water and let blanch for 3-5 minutes, until tender, but not soft.
- Drain asparagus and put back in sauté pan and toss with sesame oil and soy sauce, over medium heat for 3 minutes, or until warm.
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle asparagus with toasted sesame seeds prior to serving.