Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
30 minute meals
- 2 tablespoons sea salt, coarse
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 4 tablespoons herbes de provence, dried
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 400*.
- MIx the salt, seeds, onion and herbs on shallow plate.
- Coat chicken tenders in mixture and bake on nonstick baking sheet 18-20 minutes unitil golden and firm.
- Turn halfway through the cooking.
- Combine the shallots with the sherry vinegarfor dip.
I watched this 30 Minute Meal show and wanted to try this recipe by Rachel. Trying it out last night, I found the salt content to be far to high for my taste but the underlying recipe was good. I'm looking forward to trying it again with a decreased amount of sea salt.
So annoyed I didn't check rating or review on fndc before making it. Wildly salty (and btw, how do you taste for that with a breading/coating?). Got no flavor at all from the sesame seeds and the mignonette was just silly. Had a fabulous mignonette recently -- no resemblance. I gave it a solitary star because the chicken was moist and prefectly done. I agree with bnkr27 that toasting sesame and eliminating the salt might make it decent. If so would be an acceptable weeknight dish.
What really bugs me is that I can't review this on Foodnetwork.com. Guess if there's a clunker they don't want TOO many bad reviews.