Recipe by kiwidutch
Between the teachings of my Grandmother, an Aunt, my Mother and several restaurants I learned a lot about serviette/ napkin folding.. Works well with cloth napkins, or larger paper ones. I have included step-by-step photographs to illustrate/suppliment the written directions. For neater presentation use ironed napkins for this fold. This is informal elegance at its' easiest and best.
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay your serviette square out flat before you.
- Take the bottom left and bottom right corners and fold them up 1/3rd of the way towards the top of the serviette.
- Then fold the top left and top right corners down 1/3rd of the way. You will now have a long thin rectangle that is 1/3rd the width of the serviette sequare.
- Take the right short end of the rectangle and fold it over to the center point of the serviette. Then repeat with the left short side. You will now have a little square with a vertical gap running down the middle.
- Then take the bottom right corner of the square and fold it 3/4 of the way up the center line so that a triangle forms at the bottom. Repreat with the bottom left corner. You should now have a square top and a triangular bottom (pointing downwards) to your shape.
- Carefully turn the serviette over (keeping the bottom of the triangle pointing down).
- Take the top right corner of the serviette and fold it just past the middle top centre line. Bring the left top corner over and tuck it into the right corner that you have just folded.
- Carefully turn the serviette over and you will see the tulip front, there will be a central petal and an outer petal on each side.
- Carefully fan out the outer petals and stand it on a plate.