Recipe by kiwidutch
Between the teachings of my Grandmother, an Aunt, my Mother and several restaurants I learned a lot about serviette/ napkin folding.. Now that I have already posted all the napkin folds I know, I decided to look on the net for some new ones to learn. This one is formal and gorgeous.
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay your serviette out flat before you in a square.
- Take the top left and top right corner and bring them 1/3rd of the way down the square.
- Now take the bottom left and bottom right corners and bring them up to meet the new corners at the top. You will have before you a long rectangle that is 1/3rd the width of your original servietter square.
- Take the top left corner and fold it over to the centre, this will make a very small triangle in the top left corner. Repeat with the bottom left corner and you will end up with a long rectangle that has two small pointed triangles in the narrow left edge.
- Take the top right corner of the rectangle and fold it downwards, so that that was the top edge is level with the "bases" of the triangles you made in the last step. You will have an odd shape before you and a large flap sticking out at bottom right.
- Place your finger at the top right point of this shape, then with your other hand, bring the bottom left corner of the triangles on the left, over to meet your finger. This should result in the formation of a small diamond shape at the top of your shape.
- Now fold the bottom shape back along itself so that it becomes a net square underneath the diamond. Place flat on a plate.