Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I adopted this recipe from a search I did online and can't find one similar on Zaar....so here is "mine"! Not really mine per-say....but you know what I mean! This is just delish and is great with steak or chicken!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 8 bamboo skewers
- In a large freezer bag place all of the ingredients except the bamboo skewers.
- Mix the ingredients together until well blended. Seal the bag.
- Print this recipe and place baggie of meat/marinade and recipe into a 2nd large freezer bag, seal.
- At this point I choose to tape the skewers to the outside of the bag.
- To cook:.
- Thaw completely in fridge overnight.
- Remove bamboo skewers from the freezer bag, and soak in water for at least one half hour DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!
- Pull the steak from the marinade, and throw away the remaining marinade and the bag.
- Thread the steak onto the soaked bamboo skewers. In a snake like motion.
- Lightly coat your grill with cooking spray BEFORE you preheat to high. Once the grill is nice and hot, grill the BBQ skewers for 3 minutes on each side or until done to your liking.
- Remove the skewers and serve right away.
- This can also be done stove top like a stir fry.
- Sauté beef in 1 Tablespoon of olive oil until desired doneness.
This was a huge hit. I came back in the kitchen after turning off the grill to find all 3 boys ( well my 2 sons and the big child that I married ) eating away at the skewers. They could not wait for them to go to the table. they were tender and very tasty. I personally thought the marinade was a little sweet - but the guys loved it so. It's now a regular on my menu. Thanks again - great recipe.