Recipe by LorenLou
This is just your average, basic potato salad, but the secret weapon makes it special - balsamic vinegar! My DH hates potato salad, but actually said this one was good - that's got to count for something!
Top Review by Marie
Substituted chopped celery for the dill pickles, otherwise made as directed. I have slways used a touch of red wine vinegar in my potato salad, but I really liked the different flavor of the balsamic. Great idea, LorenLou. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 3 lbs potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- 4 -5 chopped green onions (or sliced)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (NO subs - Kraft or Hellmann's preferred)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover until just tender, about 30 minutes.
- Drain, and cool.
- Peel the potatoes, and cut into 1" pieces.
- Combine potato chunks and all other ingredients in a large bowl, and combine gently.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.