Recipe by Hill Family
This can be made the night before or the morning of the meal, but is best if left overnight in fridge. I use all the optional ingredients because that makes the best casserole.
Top Review by rpgaymer
Mmmm, this was really quite good. I ended up leaving all the ingredients in the dish overnight, and I loved the way the bread soaked up all the egg and whatnot. I skipped the celery, but doubled the amount of green chilies. I also used whole wheat bread and sausage links, but I wish I had used crumbled sausage as I think it would have tasted even better. Thanks for sharing.
- 2 cups Egg Beaters egg substitute or 8 eggs
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 lb low-fat sausage
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 6 -8 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces green chilies (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped (optional)