Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
When in a hurry, these quick sandwiches fit the bill. Brown sugar, BBQ sauce, and chili powder add to the wonderful flavors in this quick fix meal
- 1 lb sirloin steak, sliced in strips
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard, fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices havarti cheese
- In a medium saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until heated through.
- Add this mixture to the buns, using a slotted spoon.
- Top with cheese, and other half of bun.
We really enjoyed these steak sandwiches -- perfect for a busy day -- accompanied by fruit salad and chips and for dessert ice cream sandwiches -- my type of meal and one that was a hit with my family! Thanks for sharing!
What a fantastically quick and flavoursome sandwich....this really hit the spot as an after work quick fix that delivered comfort and taste instantly.
No Havarti here, but used Colby which we thought worked well.
Another winner Doug-thank you!
Made for PRMR.
We really enjoyed this tasty sandwich chef. It was awesome, the perfect comfort food on a cold wet dreary afternoon. This tasty sandwich was quick and easy to make with terrific results. Served on Cabiatti bun the steak was tender and flavorful, with a nice hint of spice, heat and sweetness smothered in creamy havarti, a taste treat for the palate as well as the eyes. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. Good luck in the contest.