Recipe by lazyme
I found this on southernfoods.about.com and hope to try it soon. If it turns out well the first time that I make it, I don't see any reason why you couldn't make up a few ziplock bags including the rice for storage.
Top Review by NancyM114
This was very good! I used it in cream of chicken & rice soup. Strangest thing happened though, immediately after eating the soup, husband & I both had a sudden onset of migraine. We've both had cumin many times, same with turmeric - but perhaps not together. I have no proof of course, just a hunch.<br/>I really loved the flavors & appreciate you posting this! Next time, for us, we'll omit the cumin since we could specifically taste it.
Dry seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
To Make Rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup Minute Rice
- 1⁄3 cup wild rice, dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all of the ingredients as listed in Dry seasoning mix in medium saucepan.
- Add to this water, butter, rice and dry wild rice.
- Bring to boil.
- Stir once or twice just to combine.
- Cover pan with lid tightly.
- Simmer gently 8 to 10 minutes or until almost all liquid has been absorbed.
- Makes 3 cups cooked rice.