Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
When your recipe calls for breadcrumbs this is the perfect solution. It also makes a great filler for salmon loaf as well as breading for chicen and fish. This recipe is in my all time favorite cookbook Make-A-Mix Cookery.
- 2 cups fine dry breadcrumbs (4 slices bread)
- 1⁄3 cup instant minced onion
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until blended.
- Place mix in a 1-quart container with tight fighting lid.
- Label and store in a cool, dry place.
- Use within 6 months.
- Please note: In order to"dry" the bread, I cut it into 1 inch cubes, place it in the oven at 325 degrees until toasted.
This is great. I used stale white bread. And got enough to use in Starlac Salmon Loaf I'll be doing this recipe very often. Thanks Paula :) Made for Zaar Star game
What a great way to use up the ends of loaves. This was such a tasty crumb mix....one that I'm planning to always have on hand. There are just so many uses for it...so far I've used it on chicken, fish and potato wedges. Reviewed for fall 2008 PAC.
This will now replace my store bought breadcrumbs. I used leftover heels of bread my family won't eat, toated them lightly twice and them ran them thru the blender. Also used recipe "Oven Dried Onion / Garlic Flakes" for the minced onions. I added some parmesan cheese and used this to bread chicken pieces for nuggets. YUM! Thanks for help with lunch!