Recipe by gailanng
Great with soup, salads or even a steak. Easy enough to make in a toaster oven for individual servings. Refrigerate any remaining mix for another occasion.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cajun seasoning or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bagels
Directions See How It's Made
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Place bagels on a cutting board. Using a serrated bread knife, slice each bagel to form 1/4 inch slices. If they're not perfect, don't worry; still will be good. Place bagel slices on prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- In a blender, combine the oil and remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat one side of bagel with seasoned oil mixture. (Those silicon brushes work great.).
- Bake slices for 16 to 18 minutes, until golden and crisp.
- Remove pan from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Can be made several days in advance, cooled completely, then stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.