Recipe by MagCat1
A soft chewy cookie made without milk or eggs - perfect for vegans and those with allergies. I updated a classic cookie recipe of mine for a dear friend whose little boy is allergic to milk and eggs and ended up with kick-ass cookie that deserved to be named after him. These cookies are soft, chewy and almost brownie like, just make sure they cool completely before transferring as they can be a little fragile.
- 1 (18 ounce) packagechocolate devil's food cake mix
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the over to 350.
- Mix everything except the confectioner's sugar in a large bowl until smooth, but still thick.
- Drop full teaspoons of the batter into the confectioner's sugar and roll in sugar until coated and shaped like a ball.
- Place cookie balls onto a wax papered cooking sheet and place about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the center rack of the oven for 10-12 minutes or until cookies puff up and edges are brown, centers should look moist but not wet.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and let rest for 2 minutes then using a spatula transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely (about 15 - 20 minutes).