Prep 13 mins
Cook 2 mins
Sweet crab meat, sweet corn and sweet orange peppers make this burrito a refreshing, almost tropical change from the hearty and spicy bean or beef ones. And yet one is plenty to satisfy most appetites. My husband says I "hit a home run with this one." Now whether or not I actually did is for you to decide. Like I said, it's a refreshingly different "thinking outside the box" kind of change. Enjoy!
- 170.09 g imitation crabmeat
- 1 bell pepper (large, orange, red or yellow chopped)
- 226.79 g spinach (one cup chopped)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 432.33 g can corn (sweet, whole kernel)
- 2.46 ml salt (lemon pepper)
- 4.92 ml black beans (in garlic sauce found in Asian Markets)
- 236.59 ml part-skim mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 59.16 ml nonfat yogurt (plain)
- 2.46 ml sodium-free seasoning (McCormick Perfect Pinch)
- 4 flour tortillas (medium burrito size)
- Steam chopped pepper in large non stick pan. When most of the water has evaporated, add one tablespoon of butter and the remaining ingredients minus the cheese and yogurt. Heat two to three minutes through until all the flavors combine. Heat four tortillas on dry, nonstick pan approximately 10 seconds per side to make more pliable for rolling. Add cheese to crab mixture, mix well and divide equally between the four tortillas. Roll each tightly being careful not to tear the tortilla. Place all on a microwaveable serving platter. Dampen two paper towels and cover the rolled tortillas. Heat on high for two minutes. Place each burrito on a bed of shredded lettuce and top with yogurt. Garnish with chopped tomatoes and extra garlic black bean sauce as desired. Enjoy!