A neat recipe! Needs to marinate 15 minutes. mealsforyou.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place ancho pepper on broiler pan and broil 3-4 minutes, turning frequently until skin is charred.
- 2Place pepper in a paper bag for 15 minutes and peel, seed and chop pepper.
- 3Rinse under cold water and set aside.
- 4Heat sesame seeds in heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat, shaking pan frequently until sesame seeds have turned golden.
- 5Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- 6Heat oil in same skillet over medium high heat.
- 7Add chicken and sauté 20 minutes, turning occasionally until chicken is well browned and almost cooked throughout.
- 8Set aside.
- 9Combine milk, half the cream, roasted peppers and almonds in a heavy saucepan.
- 10Bring to a boil.
- 11Transfer to a blender and process until smooth.
- 12Pour sauce over chicken and simmer over medium low heat 10 minutes.
- 13Add remaining cream and chicken stock and continue to simmer another 10 minutes until chicken is done.
- 14Serve chicken with sauce and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- 15Serve on a bed of basmati rice so you can enjoy the sauce from the chicken and a green vegetable for a lovely meal.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Señora-Style Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.2
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 41.0 mg
- Sodium 39.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: