Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A neat recipe! Needs to marinate 15 minutes. mealsforyou.com
- 3⁄4 ancho chili
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 chicken quarters
- 3 ounces low-fat milk
- 5 ounces cream
- 2 tablespoons blanched almonds
- 2 teaspoons blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock
- Place ancho pepper on broiler pan and broil 3-4 minutes, turning frequently until skin is charred.
- Place pepper in a paper bag for 15 minutes and peel, seed and chop pepper.
- Rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Heat sesame seeds in heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat, shaking pan frequently until sesame seeds have turned golden.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and sauté 20 minutes, turning occasionally until chicken is well browned and almost cooked throughout.
- Set aside.
- Combine milk, half the cream, roasted peppers and almonds in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Transfer to a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour sauce over chicken and simmer over medium low heat 10 minutes.
- Add remaining cream and chicken stock and continue to simmer another 10 minutes until chicken is done.
- Serve chicken with sauce and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve on a bed of basmati rice so you can enjoy the sauce from the chicken and a green vegetable for a lovely meal.