Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sounds silly, but very nice.
Make and share this Scrambled Eggs and Orange Zest recipe from Food.com.
- Whisk all ingredients except butter together, then add the butter in small knobs at the end of whisking.
- Melt a knob of butter in a frying pan when it becomes a light brown colour add the egg mixture, cooking it at a high heat for the first few seconds while the curds firm.
- Then turn the heat down low and cook gently and very slowly, folding the egg mixture over until it starts to set but is still very slippery.
- Take off the heat and allow to set in the pan and serve while hot.
- Serve immediately with a sprig of parsley.
- Note ~ It will cook while left in the pan, so be ready to serve immediately, and serve with a sprig of parsley or chopped chives on top.
I really enjoyed these tender, subtley flavored scrambled eggs. They were so good, perfectly cooked, beautiful texture, they melted in your mouth. I love the addition of the orange zest, I did add a little sea salt, personal preference only. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely recipe, It made for a wonderful lunch served with portugese toasted bread. I have already made this several times.
Very unusual flavour which I found a little sweet but the DM thoroughly enjoyed. I scaled it back to use 4 eggs and this was plenty for the DM and I. Thank you Tisme, made for Make My Recipe - Spring Edition.
Scrambled Eggs and Orange Zest...hmmmm...I wasn't sure how these flavors were going to be together. It took a few bites for me to decide that I enjoyed the uniqueness of these flavors. It's not something I would have on a regular basis, but it is a nice change of pace. Made for June, 2009 Aussie/NZ Swap.