Recipe by Emily Elizabeth
Garlic lovers and health nuts only! This single serving recipe is an extremely simple, yet flavorful variation on scrambled eggs. The cottage cheese adds a moist texture and the garlic gives it great flavor. Both spinach and garlic have wonderful health benefits (antioxidants, disease prevention, high vitamin content) and egg whites are a wonderful source of protein so it's a great way to start out your day! (Try adding cooked diced potatoes once and awhile - it's fantastic!)
- 59.14 ml frozen spinach
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped (about 2 tsps)
- 59.14 ml diced onion
- 2 egg whites
- 59.14 ml 2% fat cottage cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium/high heat. (Optional: add a tsp of olive oil if you would like more healthy oil in your diet).
- Cook frozen spinach until all excess water has evaporated (takes about 2-3 minutes - you can prep garlic and onions during this time if you like).
- Add garlic and onions to skillet and cook until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add egg whites and scramble until partly cooked then add cottage cheese and continue to scramble with your spatula mixing everything together.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes or until egg whites are fully cooked and cottage cheese is bubbly and has begun to evaporate. It should have a creamy yet solid texture. Add salt to taste.
- (NOTE: It will not get bubbly - or as creamy - if you use drier cottage cheese, like the ones in the single serving containers).