Recipe by Catnip46
This is from a man who was the White House chef (Rene Verdon) during the Kennedy years. Easy to make and taste great too.
- 44.37 ml melted butter
- 113.39 g grated parmesan cheese
- 14.79 ml finely minced shallot
- 14.79 ml finely minced chives
- 236.59 ml dry white wine or 236.59 ml cooking white wine
- 8 eggs, well beaten
- 0.25 ml nutmeg, freshly grated if possible
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan stirring in the grated cheese alternately with the shallots and chives. Cook over low heat until heated.
- Gradually stir in the wine and cook until smooth.
- Pour in the eggs seasoned with salt and pepper and nutmeg. Cook stirring thoroughly and gently, until eggs are set.