Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This spice mix is used in baking cakes and breads. I like it sprinkled into my oatmeal.
Make and share this Scottish Mixed Spice recipe from Food.com.
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- Mix all ingredients together and store in an air-tight container.
What a lovely sweet and spicy blend! I enjoyed this in scones and also in my chili as a nice twist. The ratio of spices to each other was perfect for my taste and Im sure Ill make this again as soon as this batch is used up. <br/>THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, Mikekey!<br/>Made and reviewed for your being VIP during Veggie Swap #60 July 2013.
Made this spice mix to use in Oatmeal Gingerbread (Scottish) #484947 by Mikekey. Gives it a nice spiciness to it. Made for ZWT8.
What a delicious sprinkle and a delight to have on hand for baking purposes. It has made the kitchen smell great just putting all the ingredients together. I look forward to putting it on my porridge !!