Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
An old standby for something chewy and sweet. I have made this since 1968.
Make and share this Scotch Teas ( Scottish) recipe from Food.com.
- Combine butter or margarine and sugar in a sauce pot.
- Cook and stir until butter melts.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9x7-inch brownie pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool, and then cut into squares.
I used to make this when I was in elementary school for a yummy snack after school got out. I still love it today...26 yrs later.
These are so simple but taste so rich! It was like eating butter toffee candy but I convinced myself they were 'healthy' because they had oatmeal in them and I replaced the brown sugar with Splenda's brown sugar blend. I used the Scottish style quick oats (it was all I had) and they seemed to work just fine. This is seriously yummy stuff!
I made these on time back when I was a teen and until now I was never able to run across the recipe!! Thank you for this opportunity to experience the greatest taste pleasure of a lifetime!!