Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use as a quick cake topping. Even though it is not really a dairy product, you should still keep anything topped with this topping in the refrigerator.
- 236.59 ml whipped topping
- 59.14 ml sifted powdered sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract or 4.92 ml rum extract
- Using mixer, quickly whip the topping along with the powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Just whip to incorporate the sugar and vanilla/rum.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Made for More Than Sauerkraut and Dumplings in the German Forum. I used real whipping cream and pure vanilla, and will be adding Kirschwasser for Mia's Blushing Maid German Dessert. Wonderful! Thank you, Celticevergreen, for sharing your recipe with us for 'real' German Schlagsahne.
Made & reviewed for ZWT 4 - Kumquat's Kookin' Kaboodles! We don't get non dairy toppings here in the UK so I just used whipped cream with the icing sugar & vanilla essence - just what I needed for my apfel kuchen! Thanks :)