1/6 Photos of Scandinavian Raspberry Ribbons
These are delicious little treats that are actually pretty simple to make. Don't let the long directions scare you off! You can substitute any kind of jam you like. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Cover cookie sheet with parchment or baking paper.
- 3Make the dough.
- 4In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer.
- 5Add the egg yolk and vanilla and beat until light.
- 6Add the flour, a little at a time, and mix until the dough is smooth.
- 7Divide the dough into 4 parts.
- 8On the countertop, use your palms to roll each part into a strand about 3/4 inch thick and the length of the cookie sheet. Place the strands about 2 inches apart on the paper-covered cookie sheet.
- 9With the side of your little finger, press a groove down the center of the length of each strand.
- 10Bake for 10 minutes until the cookies feel firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and spoon or pipe jam into the grooves.
- 11Return to the oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until cookies are very pale golden brown.
- 12To Decorate with icing:.
- 13Mix the confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and cream in a small bowl to make a smooth icing.
- 14Drizzle the icing down the length of the hot cookies.
- 15While the cookies are still warm, cut them at a 45 degree angle into 1-inch lengths. Let cool on the baking sheets.
- 16When the frosting is set, transfer to an airtight tin.
- 17Store in a cool place or freeze.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scandinavian Raspberry Ribbons
Serving Size: 1 (855 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 940.0
- Calories from Fat 435
- Total Fat 48.3 g
- Saturated Fat 29.9 g
- Cholesterol 169.5 mg
- Sodium 23.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 49.2 g
- Protein 9.4 g